What's new in Appeon 6.5.1
New Supported PowerBuilder Features
- Support the encoding argument for DataWindow SaveAs function and File functions.
- Support CSV file type for ImportFile function.
- Support more Section 508 properties: AccessibleName, AccessibleDescription, & AccessibleRole properties of PB controls
- Inet object supports https address (this feature is available in Appeon only, not in PB)
New Features in Appeon Developer
- Support deploying to J2EE and .NET servers at one time
- Appeon Deployment Wizard and Appeon Web Application Package Wizard can now deploy an application to Appeon Servers of different type (J2EE and .NET) at the same time.
- Support replacing files in application package. Appeon Web Application Package Wizard allows you to replace files in the package with files from external source.
- Support whether to start a transaction for a stored procedure. A new option “Start transaction when executing stored procedures” is added to Appeon Developer. When it is disabled, Appeon Server will not start a transaction when a Stored Procedure is executed.
New Features in Appeon Server
- Support for Teradata database - Appeon Server supports to connect with Teradata 13.
- Support for JBoss 7 - Appeon Server supports to run on JBoss AS 7.0.2.
- Support for WebSphere 8 - Appeon Server now supports to run on WebSphere 8.
- Support for LDAPS for Appeon Server .NET
- Supports Microsoft Azure Cloud - Appeon Server for .NET supports Microsoft Azure Cloud.
- Support silent installation of Appeon Server .NET and Web application
New Features in AEM
- More options for exiting Web application are provided, for example, you can set the Internet Explorer browser to stay opened and only the tab page running the Web application to be closed when you exit the Web application; or you can set the current browser or tab page which runs the Web application to be redirected to run the specified URL.
New Features in Appeon Server Web Component
- Appeon Server Web Component supports IE 9.
New Features in Appeon Workarounds PBL
- A new interface of_FileExists is added to the Appeon FileService object to detect whether the specified file exists on the Appeon file server.
For more information - visit the Appeon website!