** Hot News **
Software Tool & Die Inc are please to announce today an updated release of their Web Service STD Foundation Classes for IIs (STD FC IIs) version 2.0 - Service Pack#1. The updated v188.8.131.52 Web Service IIs framework version is solely targeted to helping PowerBuilder Classic developers, develop .Net based Web Services deployed to IIs. The IIs based framework takes advantage of RAD techniques - employes an MVC (Model, View, Controller) architecture for superior performance, flexibility and extendability.
The STD Web Service and other PB frameworks are free and can be downloaded from the STD Foundation Classes SourceForge project website.
The main updates/changes included in Version #2 - Service Pack#1 to the STD Web Service FC's for IIs include ...
- Revised PB version checking to be INI driven versus being hard coded previously.
- Added new "PB_Version=" parameter to the base INI file.
- Added a new "of_copy" method to the base transaction object (ns_transaction_master). Allows the copying the current values to a new or existing Transaction object class.
- Fixed an INI file initialization bug when the framework is migrated to a higher PB version.
- Added a new "of_is_connected" method to the base transaction object (ns_transaction_master).
- Various performance improvements.
The Web Service framework - while greatly improving the PB & Appeon developer's productivity - also includes these types of features to help with RAD based projects:
- Helps the PB developer to Implement "stateless" programming
- Does DBMS transaction management automatically
- Manages DataStores for you automatically
- Manages DB updates for you automatically
- Facilitates MVC design & programming
- Provides Encryption / Decryption services
- Provides extended numerical services (ie: And / Or / Xor / Xand / etc features to PowerScript
- Provides Result Set generation for any data types
- Provides HTML generation for any data types
- Allows SMTP eMail generation / communication
- and much more!
Regards ... Chris