** Hot News **
Appeon 2015 Released!
Appeon® Corporation has announced (Oct 31, 2014) the general availability of Appeon for PowerBuilder 2015, the next generation of Appeon’s solution for deploying SAP PowerBuilder applications to Web and Mobile targets. This major release extends the Web target to all leading Web browsers for Windows, such as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Opera. The mobile target has been certified on the latest generation iPhone 6 along with the new iOS 8. In addition to the expanded client platform support, Appeon for PowerBuilder 2015 includes hundreds of fixes, enhancements and improvements that make cross-device application development more powerful than ever.
One of the biggest benefits of developing cross-browser Web apps with Appeon for PowerBuilder is how simple it is. Appeon for PowerBuilder delivers a consistent users experience regardless of Web browser chosen, including an identical user interface, identical functionality and consistent performance across Web browsers.
New Feature Details:
This major release includes a number of notable new features:
- Apple iOS 8.0 Compatibility. Compatible with the new generation of iPhone and iPad devices running shipping with iOS 8 as well as or previous generation devices upgraded to iOS 8.
- Multi-Browser Compatibility. Compatible with all leading Web browsers for the Windows OS, such as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Opera.
- Android KitKat Compatibility. Compatible with smart-phones and tablet devices running the latest Android KitKat as well as previous generation devices upgraded to Android KitKat.
- Appeon Debugger. Compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Internet Explorer 10 and 11; Appeon Debugger offers essentially the same feature-set as the PowerBuilder Debugger, enabling developers to set breakpoints, and sus-pend and step-through their code and examine variable con-tent on-the-fly.
- Automatic DataWindow Resizing. The Appeon Resize PBL has been enhanced to automatically resize the controls in the DataWindow object, which makes it simpler to adapt your data-intensive screens to various devices and screen sizes (for Mobile target only).
- Enhanced Server Session Management. More Appeon Server APIs are available to better facilitate the management of Web and Mobile user sessions, giving developers the flexibility to kill specific sessions and rollback the related transactions.
- Compatible with SAP PowerBuilder 12.6 – Go ahead, upgrade to the latest and greatest version of Power-Builder!
- Supports the MERGE statement for Dynamic SQL (for Web and Mobile targets).
- Supports the DropDownCalendar property of the DataWindow Column control (for Web target only).
- Notification APIs for iOS and Android. Utilize notification APIs to display user-friendly notifications for various events, such as receiving new emails, tweets or calendar appointments.
- Mobile payment for iOS and Android. Utilize Pay-Pal APIs to perform mobile payment or commerce from within your application with the security of Pay-Pal.
- NFC for Android. Utilize NFC APIs to share small payloads of data between an NFC tag and an Android-powered device, or between two Android-powered devices.
For more information on Appeon 2015 - click here!
Regards ... Chris