** Hot News **
Integrated Foundation Classes (2015R4) Released!
"THE" PowerBuilder Classic & Appeon Framework!
Software Tool & Die Inc (STD) is very pleased to announce that they have just released an updated version 2015R4 (2015.4.0.43) of their Integrated Foundation Class library for PowerBuilder "Classic", Appeon Web and Appeon Mobile!
The latest version contains the following updates and has been tested with Appeon Appeon 2015.328.00 (GA) using the official MR (maintenance releases) of PowerBuilder "Classic" versions 12.1, 12.5.1 and 12.6. Testing inside of PB included Win32 (both P-code & M-code) deployments while testing inside of Appeon included latest Web Browsers, latest Apple Tablet/Smart Phone and Android Tablet/Smart Phone deployments.
|Example of the DEBUG/SPY feature now available in iOS applications!|
Release 2015.4.0.43 change highlights ...
- Framework was system tested with: PowerBuilder Classic 12.1, 12.5.1 and 12.6; Appeon and 2015R1 (2015.0328.00); iOS 9.0.1 and Android 5.1.1 (both Smart Phone & Tablet); IE10/11; FireFox 40.0.3; Safari 5.1.7; Opera 32.0.1948.25; Chrome 45.0.2454.101, Edge 20.10240.16384.0 )
- Added code to "FN_Open_Sheet_Window_WithParm" to check if the "base" name object class is being passed in.
- Revised the code in "FN_Open_Tab_Page" class to log the proper class name being opened.
- Revised the code in "FN_Open_Tab_Page_WithParm" class to log the proper class name being opened.
- Created a new global function "FN_Open_User_Object" to handle generic User Object instantiation.
- Created a new global function "FN_Open_User_Object_WithParm" to handle generic User Object instantiation.
- Revised "FN_Open_Window" class to log the proper class name being opened.
- Revised "FN_Open_Window_WithParm" class to log the proper class name being opened.
- Added new instance variables to the "nc_app_controller_master" class as follows:
- Added ib_offline flag to allow support to take the application "Offline" for maintenance.
- Added new JVM Class to handle JavaVM processing capabilities.
- Added new "STD_FC_PB_EJB" PBL library to allow framework compiles for JVM entities.
- Revised the "oe_open" event of the "nc_app_controller_master" class to handle the OFFLINE condition.
- Added code in the "Destructor" event of the "nc_app_controller_master" class to handle the JVM.
- Revised the "Constructor" event of the "nc_app_controller_master" class to handle the OFFLINE condition.
- Revised the "wn_master" class' "oe_print_window" event to use the current Window's coordinates for printing.
- Added a new "oe_syscommand" event to the "wn_master" class' to allow low-level O/S notifications to be monitored.
- Revised the "wn_splash_master" class' "Timer" event to close the current dialogue sooner and not interfere with any animation.
- Revised the "mu_application_master" class to display a new DEBUG menu option when in DEBUG mode.
- Revised the "oe_close" event of the "nc_app_controller_master" class to close the Application Profile Tracing file if active.
- Revised the "of_set_application_location" method of the "nc_app_controller_master" class to use a "/" at the end to conform to MOBILE standards.
- Added the "of_get_profiler_trace" and "of_set_profiler_trace" methods to the "nc_app_controller_master" class to handle Application Profiling!
- Added new "of_createjavavm" and "of_createinstance" methods to the "nc_app_controller_master" class to handle Java Class interaction!
- Added code to the "DropDown" event of the "vs_dp_master" class to "Work Around" a Calendar display issue when the WeekNumber property is requested!
- Added new "Profiling" CB to the "wn_debug_list_master" class to support Application Profiling!
- Revised the "oe_PostConstructor" event of the "wn_log_viewer_master" class to fix issues in Appeon Mobile.
- Revised the "oe_Delete" event of the "wn_master" class to return a completion code.
- Added new "of_display_profile_information" method to the "nc_app_controller_master" class to new "Application PROFILE" display dialog (wn_profile_master).
- Revised the "Key" event of the "nc_app_controller_master" class to Open the new "Application PROFILE" display dialog on CTRL+SHIFT+F2.
- Created a new "wn_profile_master" class to enable/disable "Application PROFILE" tracing at any time in the PB Application.
- Fixed an ImportFile ( ) issue with the "wn_log_viewer_master" window class so that the LOG would be viewable on Android devices (Appeon 2015.0328.00)!
Future1) Continued performance improvements in the PB, Web and Mobile single source framework.
2) Add more PB, Web and Mobile features (ie: controls, Active Directory, etc).
3) Integrate Open Source tools like Spell Checking, OCR, Imaging, and more!
4) Add new GUI controls
5) Extend the IIS (Web Services) framework
The FC's are *free* and can be downloaded (along with a sample Order Entry application) from the SourceForge website!
Enjoy ... Chris