** Hot News **
Integrated Foundation Classes ( Service Pack #5) Released!
"THE" PowerBuilder Classic & Appeon Framework!
(Version 18.104.22.168 - January 21, 2015)
The FC's are *free* and can be downloaded (along with an updated sample Order Entry application) from the SourceForge website!
Software Tool & Die Inc (STD) is very pleased to announce that they have just released an updated version (22.214.171.124) of their Integrated Foundation Class library for PowerBuilder "Classic", Appeon Web and Appeon Mobile!
The latest version contains the following updates and has been tested with Appeon 2013R2 and Appeon 2015 (GA) using the official MR (maintenance releases) of PowerBuilder "Classic" versions 12.1, 12.5.1 and 12.6. Testing inside of PB included Win32 (both p-code & m-code) deployments while testing inside of Appeon included latest Web Browsers, latest Apple Tablet/Smart Phone and Android Tablet/Smart Phone deployments.
Release 126.96.36.199 change highlights ...
- Framework was system tested with: PowerBuilder Classic 12.1, 12.5.1 and 12.6; Appeon 2013R2 and 2015; iOS 8.1 and Android 5.0.1 (both Smart Phone & Tablet); IE10/11; FireFox 32.03; Safari 5.1.7; Opera 26.0; Chrome 39.0.2171.95.
- Fixed an issue with detecting O/S bitness properly.
- Fixed an issue with detecting Application bitness when compiled as a 64 EXE (PB 12.6 Classic only).
- Added new method "of_get_os_bitness" that returns the O/S bitness.
Note: See Appeon Web bitness below.
- Added new method "of_get_os_temp_path" that returns the current TEMP work area O/S setting.
- Added new method "of_get_appl_bitness" that returns the current EXE's compiled bitness (32 or 64).
- When the frame detects your application running as an Appeon Web application, it sets the Application & O/S bitness settings to the Web Brower's bitness.
- Added new Window base Class "wn_validate_master" to handle Active Directory Login processing. This includes the French, Spanish and English abstract classes as well.
- Added AJAX image to the "wn_logon_master" Window base class to display/animate when waiting for the DBMS.
Futures1) Continued performance improvements in the PB, Web and Mobile single source framework.
2) Add more PB, Web and Mobile features (ie: controls, Active Directory, etc).
3) Integrate Open Source tools like Spell Checking, OCR, Imaging, and more!
4) Add new GUI controls
5) Extend the IIS (Web Services) framework
Regards ... Chris