** Hot News **
New Integrated Foundation Classes Released!
"THE" PowerBuilder Classic & Appeon Framework!
(Version 2015.1.0.30 - April 29, 2015)
The FC's are *free* and can be downloaded (along with an updated sample Order Entry application) from the SourceForge website!
Software Tool & Die Inc (STD) is very pleased to announce that they have just released an updated version (2015.1.0.30) of their Integrated Foundation Class library for PowerBuilder "Classic", Appeon Web and Appeon Mobile!
The latest version contains the following updates and has been tested with Appeon 2013R2 and Appeon 2015 (GA) using the official MR (maintenance releases) of PowerBuilder "Classic" versions 12.1, 12.5.1 and 12.6. Testing inside of PB included Win32 (both p-code & m-code) deployments while testing inside of Appeon included latest Web Browsers, latest Apple Tablet/Smart Phone and Android Tablet/Smart Phone deployments.
Release 2015.1.0.30 change highlights ...
- Framework was system tested with: PowerBuilder Classic 12.1, 12.5.1 and 12.6; Appeon 2013R2 and 2015; iOS 8.3 and Android 5.0.1/5.1 (both Smart Phone & Tablet); IE10/11; FireFox 37.02; Safari 5.1.7; Opera 29.0.1795.47; Chrome 42.0.2311.135.1)
- Fixed an issue with the "wn_validate_master" window to not error on close.
- Added PageUp and PageDown keyboard control on the RTE Control base ancestor.
- Added support in "nc_app_controller_master" for the new "ActiveDirectory" keyword in the INI file
- Created new "fn_xml_symbolic_replace" function to replace ANSI values with their XML escape codes.
- Created new "fn_xml_ansi_replace" function to replace XML escape codes with their ANSI character.
- Added support in "nc_app_controller_master" to handle Log Wrapping.
- Changed the nc_app_controller_master "of_write_file" function from Public to Private.
- Fixed code in the "nc_powershell_master" to only log the command when in Debug mode
- Revised the "vc_tp_about_mobile" object code to enable visibility when active in a Mobile device
- Revised the "vc_tp_about_web" object code to make the control visible if in a Web application.
- Added support in "nc_app_controller_master" to get the application's IP address if running natively.
- Added support in "nc_app_controller_master" to check if ActiveDirectory processing is "required".
- Removed all non-essential object classes from the "STD_FC_PB_Appeon" PBL
- Revised the "wn_log_viewer_master" DC object code to Return "2" to suppress error messages on Import()!
- Added new "nc_system_tray_master" class to allows PB applications to reside in the MS-Windows "System Tray".
- Renamed class "ns_dda_master" to "ns_sqlda_master" for naming standards.
- Renamed class "ns_dsa_master" to "ns_sqlsa_master" for naming standards.
- Renamed class "ns_transaction_master" to "ns_sqlca_master" for naming standards.
- Renamed class "ns_transaction_ase_master" to "ns_sqlca_ase_master" for naming standards.
- Renamed class "ns_transaction_db2_master" to "ns_sqlca_db2_master" for naming standards.
- Renamed class "ns_transaction_informix_master" to "ns_sqlca_informix_master" for naming standards.
- Renamed class "ns_transaction_oracle_master" to "ns_sqlca_oracle_master" for naming standards.
- Renamed class "ns_transaction_sa_master" to "ns_sqlca_sa_master" for naming standards.
- Renamed class "ns_transaction_sqlite_master" to "ns_sqlca_sqlite_master" for naming standards.
- Renamed class "ns_transaction_ss_master" to "ns_sqlca_ss_master" for naming standards.
- Added a new PBL () to house deprecated objects for each release of the Foundation Classes => Located in the "Deprecated" folder of the framework.
- Renamed class "nc_active_directory" to "nc_active_directory_master" for naming standards.
- Revised "nc_app_controller_master" class "of_display_help" method to use iNET object for help file resolution in Web/Mobile.
Futures1) Continued performance improvements in the PB, Web and Mobile single source framework.
2) Add more PB, Web and Mobile features (ie: controls, Active Directory, etc).
3) Integrate Open Source tools like Spell Checking, OCR, Imaging, and more!
4) Add new GUI controls
5) Extend the IIS (Web Services) framework