** Hot News **
PB Classic Web Service Framework Update!
#3) Web Service STD Foundation Classes for IIs (STD FC IIs) version 2015.3.1.51. The updated Web Service IIs framework is solely targeted to helping PowerBuilder Classic developers, develop .Net based Web Services deployed to IIs. The IIs based framework takes advantage of RAD techniques - employes an MVC (Model, View, Controller) architecture for superior performance, flexibility and extendability.
All the STD frameworks are free and can be downloaded from its STD Foundation Classes SourceForge project website.
The Web Service framework - while greatly improving the PB & Appeon developer's productivity - also includes these types of features to help with RAD based projects:
- Helps the PB developer to Implement "stateless" programming
- Does DBMS transaction management automatically
- Manages DataStores for you automatically
- Facilitates MS-Windows Power-Shell processing.
- Facilitates MVC design & programming
- Provides Encryption / Decryption servicesProvides extended numerical services (ie: And / Or / Xor / Xand / etc features to PowerScript
- Provides Result Set generation for any data
- Provides HTML generation for any data
- Allows STMP eMail generation
- and much more!
The main updates included in Service Pack #3 to the STD Web Service FC's for IIs include ...
- New INI value "WScript_Shell" (Y/N) that enables/disables WHScript usage.
- Revised the "nc_powershell_master" class to handle Windows 10 IIs PowerShell processing properly.
- Revised the "nc_powershell_master" class to use WinAPI versus "WScript.Shell".
- Revised the "nc_powershell_master" class to log more information when in DEBUG mode.
- Revised the "ns_sqlca_master" class to handle error conditions more effectively.
- Revised the "nc_iis_master" class to better set the DEBUG mode based on a combination of the Project object and INI settings.
- General code clean-up & optimization.
- Tested with IIs on Windows 7, 8, 10, 2008R2 and 2012
The STD Web Service framework is free and can be downloaded from its STD Foundation Classes SourceForge project website.
Regards ... Chris
Regards ... Chris