** Hot News **
"THE" Appeon PowerBuilder Web Service Framework!
(v2018.1.0.68 - June 12, 2018)
Software Tool & Die Inc (STD) are please to announce the release of their new Web Service STD Foundation Classes for .Net/IIS (STD FC WS). The updated Web Service framework is solely targeted to helping Appeon PowerBuilder developers, develop .Net based Web Services deployed to MS-IIS application servers. The Web Service based framework takes advantage of RAD techniques - employs an MVC (Model, View, Controller) architecture for superior performance, flexibility and extend-ability.
Note: All the STD frameworks are free and can be downloaded from its STD Foundation Classes SourceForge project website. Just click on the WebService link located in the project's main webpage.
The Web Service framework - while greatly improving the PB & Appeon developer's productivity - also includes these types of features to help with RAD based projects:
- Helps the PB developer to Implement "stateless" programming
- Does DBMS transaction management automatically
- Manages DataStores for you automatically
- Manages DB updates for you automatically
- Facilitates MVC design & programming
- Provides Encryption / Decryption servicesProvides extended numerical services (ie: And / Or / Xor / Xand / etc features to PowerScript
- Provides Result Set generation for any data
- Provides HTML generation for any data
- Allows STMP eMail generation
- and much more!
The main updates included in v2018.1.0.68 to the STD Web Service FC's for IIS include...
- Migrated the Web Service framework from PB2017GA to PB2017R2 Universal Edition.
- Changed the release number in nc_ws_master.
- Moved ib_debug_mode instance variable to "nc_ws_master" ancestor.
- Added HTTP introspection logic to "nc_interface_master".
- Added & Revised API declarations as per the Integrated framework (synchronized) in "nc_master".
- Revised Web Service release information in "nc_ws_master".
- Added SYSTEM.WEB .Net assembly reference to the Target
- The Framework documentation completely updated using the new VisualExpert 2018 product!
|VE2018 generated Web Service Framework Documentation|
Regards ... Chris