** Hot News **
Appeon Mobile - Beta 2.0
Appeon Mobile Beta 2.0 will be released on February 6, 2013! Some new features that have been added since Beta 1.0 are: support for iOS SDK, printing, file functions, retina support, auto-resizing, and much more! If you are not already signed up for the Appeon Mobile beta but would still like to join the beta program, please sign-up here: http://www.appeon.com/form/form.php?mid=10
Here are some highlights ....
PowewrBuilder related features:
- EditMask control is supported.
- Two system functions: Print and File, are supported.
- Key events for EditMask, SingleLineEdit and MultiLineEdit are supported.
- Print function for DataWindow control is supported.
- DragIcon property for all controls is supported.
- Manipulate the various features of Appeon WorkSpace, such as the AWS orientation, the title bar, the assistive touch bar, the log, the project information, the version number etc.
- Camera - Captures or views a photo using the device’s camera.
- Connection - Obtains the network state and connection type.
- Device - Obtains the device specific information, such as the device type, the device DPI/PPI, the OS version, the device’s memory, the device’s OS, the screen resolution, etc.
- Media - Plays a media file using the device’s media player.
- Notification - Sends a notification to the notification bar.
- Recorder - Records an audio using the device’s recorder or opens the recorder library.
- Supports MySQL database
- Supports HANA database
- Supports WebSphere Application Server Community Edition
- Supports SAP NetWeaver Application Server
- Import projects: supports importing an Appeon WorkSpace configuration file that will automatically configure the Project Name and URL for multiple projects.
- Run multiple apps: supports running multiple apps in the background at the same time.
- Logs: provides configurations for recording logs, clearing logs, and sending logs of a particular app via email.
- Default project: supports to set one app as a default app. If the app is set as the default app the app will be automatically launched when the Appeon WorkSpace is opened.
- Connection delay: provides the option to set the connection delay time. If the connection cannot be established within the specified time the users will be prompted.
- Multi-Language: provides the option to configure a preferred language for the Appeon
- WorkSpace UI. Only English is available right now, other languages, such as Japanese, will be added in the future releases.
- View in landscape and portrait: supports to view Appeon WorkSpace in landscape and in portrait on iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPhone 4/4S, and iPhone 5.
- New look and layout for Appeon WorkSpace!
- Retina display: option to enable/disable Retina support on iOS devices. When enabled, the UI including controls, text, and images, will not be scaled. As a result, the application will look very crisp at the expense of higher memory.
- Client log: configures the client-side log settings, including log mode and file size limit.
- Auto-resize: defines rules for automatically resizing the mobile application UI to fit various screen sizes and orientations (portrait or landscape) or uses Appeon’s default rules.
- Appeon WorkSpace Simulator: supports running apps in simulator of Appeon WorkSpace for both iPad and iPhone devices.
- Code Insight: accurately displays unsupported/supported features when writing dot notation in the script editor.
- Feature Analyzer: produces a report that accurately lists unsupported features.
- Config Wizard: a wizard that walks you through all the steps to configure your mobile project.
Appeon Mobile .... Tablet and SmartPhone development for PowerBuilder "on steroids"! :-)