** Hot News **
"THE" Appeon PowerBuilder Web Service Framework!
(v2019.2.0.80 - July 31, 2019)
Software Tool & Die Inc (STD) are please to announce the release of their new Web Service STD Foundation Classes for .Net/IIS (STD FC WS). The updated Web Service framework is solely targeted to helping Appeon PowerBuilder developers, develop .Net based Web Services deployed to MS-IIS application servers. The Web Service based framework takes advantage of RAD techniques - employs an MVC (Model, View, Controller) architecture for superior performance, flexibility and extend-ability.
Note: All the STD frameworks are free and can be downloaded from its STD Foundation Classes SourceForge project website. Just click on the WebService link located in the project's main webpage.
The Web Service framework - while greatly improving the PB & Appeon developer's productivity - also includes these types of features to help with RAD based projects:
- Helps the PB developer to Implement "stateless" programming
- Manages DataStores for you automatically
- Manages DB updates for you automatically
- Facilitates MVC design & programming
- Provides Encryption / Decryption servicesProvides extended numerical services (ie: And / Or / Xor / Xand / etc features to PowerScript
- Provides Result Set generation for any data
- Provides HTML generation for any data
- Allows STMP eMail generation
- Facilitates the consumption of .NET classes
- and much more!
This version of the Web Service framework has been fully tested with PB2017R3 build 1880 and MS-Windows 10 build 18362. The main updates to the 2019R2 build 2019.2.0.80 for the STD Web Service FC's for IIS include...
- Migrated the framework to PB2017R3 build 1880
- Added "of_utc_to_local_datetime" method to "nc_business_master" object class to support UTC => Local Time conversion *
- Latest WinAPI functions synchronized between the Integrated framework and the Web Service framework *
- Created "nc_utc_master" object class UTC => Local time "Helper". *
- Revised framework version to 2019.2.0.80 in "nc_ws_master" object class
Click the following link for more information on the previous 2018R1 WS framework release!
- The Framework documentation completely updated using the new VisualExpert 2018 product!
|VE2018 generated Web Service Framework Documentation|
STD would like to thank Novalys Corporation for their support of the Foundation Classes by supplying the VisualExpert product for the framework's documentation.
Note: This will be the last version of the Web Service framework for PB2017R3. All new development from this point onwards will be completed using PB2019.