PowerBuilder DDE Application
Built using the STD Framework!
Software Tool & Die Inc. are very pleased today to announce a new example application that demonstrate a fully working Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) Client and Server application! This latest release of the DDE Client/Server applications are are all written in the latest PowerBuilder 2021version and are also using the latest STD Integrated Framework (2022R2 Beta) ...
In this original release, the DDE Demo Apps include the following features:
- Built using PB2021 build 1509
- Using STD Integrated Framework v2022.2.0.185
- Supports PB2021 Theme feature
- Includes integrated Client & Server App logging
- Incorporates MS-Windows notification utility
- Deployment examples in 32/64bit and M-Code / P-Code
- Tested the DDE code on W10 version 21H2 build 19044.1645
- Tested the DDEcode on W11 version 21H2 build 22000.613
- Ready for PowerClient or PowerServer 2021 deployment as well!
|Actual DDE Client and DDE Server in action exchanging various messages & data!|
The deployed EXE's for the DDE Client and DDE Server are also included in the DDE App download. You can run either the Client or Server in mixed modes. For example a 32bit client and a 64 bit server (or vise versa), a P-Code client and an M-Code server (or vise versa), or any combination of the various DDE EXE's built from the STD Framework. The DDE features will work with any combination of the above EXE's. So this feature is just another tool in the PBToolBox that PB Developers can use to accomplish inter-application communication!
You can download the new STD Framework DDE Demo App for PB2021 build 1509, as follows:
DDE Demo App: Download
Enjoy ... please let me know what you think & if you have any feature suggestions that you might like me to add for future releases!
Regards ... Chris