** Hot News **
PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Released!
Appeon, a provider of software for accelerating the development of data-rich business apps, today (July 31, 2018) announced the general availability of PowerBuilder 2017 R3. This revision keeps PowerBuilder moving towards the cloud and middle tier computing environments. PowerBuilder 2017R3 provides major enhancements for consuming REST Web APIs and now also includes the PowerServer Web product, a solution for cloudifying existing client/server projects with minimal effort.
PowerBuilder 2017 R3 feature highlights:
- Web Apps – Powered by PowerServer Web, rapidly cloudify your existing client/server projects with minimal effort. Web apps deploy to the .NET framework and execute either in leading Web browsers or standalone as Installable Web Apps. Note: production servers are licensed separately.
- DataWindow JSON Enhancements – Easily exchange JSON-formatted data between DataWindows and REST Web APIs using newly-added JSON functions. DataWindow metadata is supported, and multiple DataWindows can be mapped to a single REST Web API for better performance.
- Strong Encryption – Transfer data securely by applying today’s strongest asymmetric and symmetric encryption algorithms. All key encryption-related steps from generating keys to verifying data integrity can be performed in PowerBuilder.
- OAuth 2.0 Compatibility – Provides an OAuth 2.0 client for two or three-legged authentication to protected HTTP resources over TLS 1.2, such as REST Web APIs. Support for tokens has also been integrated in the HTTP/REST clients.
- Data Encoding – Encode your data to be compatible with REST Web APIs or other HTTP resources by applying various encoding methods, such as HEX, BASE64, and URL.
- Tortoise Integration – More source control functions are provided inside the PowerBuilder IDE, such as Get/Release Lock, Diff, Show Log, and Open Containing Folder, and integration with Tortoise clients allows convenient access to virtually any functionality desired.
- Secure PDF Generation – Protect the data in your PDFs by configuring password requirements and restrictions to reduce the likelihood of unauthorized access, copying, editing, printing, etc. PDFs are now generated in memory rather than on disk for increased security.
To try PB2017R3 for free today, check out the trial version.
For more product information on PB2017R3, check out the PB Product webpage!
Regards ... Chris
Post a Comment