** Hot News **
"THE" Appeon PowerBuilder Web Service Framework!
(v2020.1.0.95 - August 20, 2020)
Software Tool & Die Inc (STD) are please to announce a new the release of their Web Service STD Foundation Classes for .Net/IIS (STD FC WS). The updated Web Service framework version 2020.1.0.95 (2020R1) is solely targeted to helping Appeon PowerBuilder developers, develop .Net based Web Services deployed to MS-IIS application servers. The Web Service based framework takes advantage of RAD techniques - employs an MVC (Model, View, Controller) architecture for superior performance, flexibility and extend-ability.
Note: All the STD frameworks are free and can be downloaded from its STD Foundation Classes SourceForge project website. Just click on the WebService link located in the project's main webpage.
The Web Service framework - while greatly improving the PB & Appeon developer's productivity - also includes these types of features to help with RAD based projects:
- Helps the PB developer to Implement "stateless" programming
- Manages DataStores for you automatically
- Manages DB updates for you automatically
- Facilitates MVC design & programming
- Provides Encryption / Decryption servicesProvides extended numerical services (ie: And / Or / Xor / Xand / etc features to PowerScript
- Provides Result Set generation for any data
- Provides HTML generation for any data
- Allows STMP eMail generation
- Facilitates the consumption of .NET classes
- and much more!
This version of the Web Service framework has been fully tested with PB2019R2 build 2353 and MS-Windows 10 build 18362. The main updates to the 2019R2 build 2020.1.0.95 for the STD Web Service FC's for IIS include...
See the OrderEntry App's use of the WS framework use examples
- Synchronized API declarations from the Integrated framework (2020.2.0.160) into "nc_master"
- Revised framework version to 2020.1.0.95 in "nc_ws_master"
- Added INI file "version signature" check.
- Created new Global Function "fn_is_decimal" - Validates if the number passed in is actually a Decimal
- Created new Global Function "fn_is_integer" - Validates if the number passed in is actually an Integer
- The Framework documentation is completely updated using the new VisualExpert 2019 product!
|VE2019 generated Web Service Framework Documentation|
STD would like to thank Novalys Corporation for their support of the Foundation Classes by supplying the VisualExpert product for the framework's documentation.
Note: All new development from this point onward will be completed using PB2019 Rx and higher releases. However, older versions are kept in the SourceForge's Archive sub-folder.
Regards ... Chris